Friday, September 1, 2006

Emma's blog

Mommy's busy for a few minutes, so I just had to sneak onto her computer and tell you all what a good week I've had!

Once upon a time, I used to eat lots of Kleenex or garbage when Mommy would leave me alone. Since Mommy removed all the Kleenex boxes and hid all the garbages , I had switched to raiding the laundry hamper for underwear. What else was I going to do to let Mommy know how much I missed her? For some reason, Mommy thinks I'm just being naughty, so she gets really mad. She had to leave me alone ALL DAY yesterday...but I managed to not eat any! Mommy was so proud!

I've been making Mommy proud a lot lately. Being part Siberian husky, you gotta know I love to RUNRUNRUN. Mommy says this makes it really hard for her to take me with on walks (Mommy looooooves to go for walks). I thought she was just trying to choke me at first, but I've discovered that if I just walk nicely beside her, we both have a really nice time! I also figured out that if Mommy stops walking and says, "Heel," she likes it if I sit down right by her foot. I learned all this in just three walks! See, I like to pretend I'm not very smart; then Mommy lets me be naughty more often. But I'm so much smarter than I let on. Now that I'm behaving better, she's promised to take me on hikes with her too (imagine all the bunnies and squirrels that are waiting to be sniffed out...oooooo...)

Before I go, I have a small favor to ask. Most nights before Mommy goes to bed, she goes out onto our deck to look at the stars. Sometimes she talks softly outloud; she says she's doing something called praying. She cries sometimes, and it makes me so sad for her that I sit at the screen and whimper so she knows I'm there. When she comes inside, I put my head on her lap and sigh; she tells me that God is gonna take care of us (I don't know who this God guy is, but if Mommy says he's good and he cares about us...okay!) I can tell that when Mommy's done, she feels a lot better, so I thought I'd ask Mommy's friends to do "praying" too, whatever it is. I hate it when Mommy's sad, and I think it might help her a lot.

I smell sausage cooking! I'm outta here....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Emma, this is Bentley!
    I think you're right about your Mom, she would probably love if we could get all her friends to do that "praying" thing. It seems like people talk about it and they feel happier.
    As for you and your obedience, I am proud of you! I am pretty good on walks, my Mommy just wishes I woulnd't get so excited when people visit me. I guess she just doesn't understand how exciting it is to have new people or old friends come to visit! I sometimes get so happy I jusmp on people, and Mommy doesn't like it. She says that "DOWN!" word a lot and I know what to do, I just would rather greet everyone eye to eye, ya know? Maybe someday I'll get over it, but for now I love to jump! Paws in the air like I just don't care!
    I love your Mommy too, Emma! She knows my tricks though, almsot as well as my Mommy does. They are 2 very smart ladies. Sometimes I wish they weren't onto everything we try to get away with! Oh, well I know it's for the best. They love us and spoil us and that's all that matters!
    I can't wait to go on a hike with you! We missed you last time, it was fantastic!
    Love you Emma,
    Bentley (Jean)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma,

    We are Cholo and Rufus...We are a little scared to write this too you, because WE ARE CATS...we are scaredy cats, but only because we have only been around big dogs before, but we think we are probably a nice pup. So we wanted to telling that our mom is on to all that we are up to as well. Her boyfriend tries to keep us off the couch because he sneezes when we leave our hair behind, but we think that he likes our mommy so much, and knows that we are important to mommy so he lets us stay. There are times though right after he puts his clean clothes in the dresser and they are warm from the dryer that we, well especially Rufus, just have to go and sleep in the drawer. We say it's his fault because he doesn't shut the drawer. Opps... also after mommy rearranged the furniture there is this great spot where Cholo just has to go and lay on the back of the couch, because the sun hits that spot and it's just paradise. Ok so both of us do it, but don't tell mommy only Cholo has gotten caught.

    Also we know that your mommy quit smoking...So did ours isn't it great to not get that smell on your fur...We are so happy. Also we understand that it's a little stange to see your mommy just taking to herself sometimes. I mean hello we are pets too and know that we should be getting all the attention, but when she's talking to this god person we think it helps her too. It's all a little strange at first, but since we see she feels better we just wait patiently and know that we are going to get some lovin' soon.

    Well Emma it's been nice taking to you. We hope you are not too shaken up about having cats respond to you, but ya know some people just like us "wierd" animals too.

    Cholo and Rufus :) (April)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.