Saturday, August 18, 2007

God speaks, part 1: More 911

A few of my friends received an e-mail a week ago telling about yet another 911 encounter. I had been talking with a friend about the 911 phenomenon, with she exclaiming how greatly and obviously my prayers were being answered. Again, the next morning I woke up at 9:11 - before my set alarm time of 9:30. Followed immediately by a devotional for the day which pretty much read, "MORON, quit making excuses and putting it off!" So I sent that e-mail saying I'd made the decision to finish paramedic school.

So I go on vacation to visit my sister, looking forward to a reprieve from the worrying and decision-making. But God doesn't let you off so easily.

Has anyone else ever actually been on a plane when they call for a doctor or nurse? I heard the announcement and I'm a little ashamed to admit, my inner voice said, "Phew, you're not either of those, just keep reading your book..." I really didn't want to get up. But I did. Because I have to. I always have, and I don't know why. Blessing? Curse? When I returned to my seat, I sat there thinking about that truth of who I am.

(A funny aside: A nurse reached the flight attendant about 3 seconds after I'd introduced myself and tried to move me away. How I wish you could have heard me cheer inside when the attendant pulled her back and said, "No, ma'am, this is what she does, you can sit back down." HA! Of course, when a doctor showed up, listened, looked me up and down and said, "Doctor?", I had to feel a bit flattered and step out of the way. Back on track...)

Shelly had to return to work on Monday morning. She woke me to say I could go steal her bed if I'd like, which I did, and fell right back to sleep. I woke shortly thereafter to distant pounding. I tossed a little but ignored it. It came again, more intensly this time, and I rolled over and stuffed the pillow over my head, cursing out loud. Soon, the pounding was so loud I would have sworn it was in the same ROOM! I threw the pillow across the room, convinced it wasn't time to get up...

9:11 am

*sigh* God will find you and MAKE you listen, halfway across the country...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.