Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A fast 18 months of memories

I cleaned out my planner today: "The Bible." My calendar, my shopping lists, address book, business cards, Points Finder, and notes - my entire life, all neatly zipped up in brown leather. I was reviewing all the pages to be tossed out, making sure I wasn't throwing out important numbers. Instead, I wound up reliving a very gratifying, event-full 18 months.

The dates reach back to May 3rd...2007. I have written down to "pay Chels!" on Joe's 24th birthday. I think I bought your guitar about that time, right Chels? The next day, Lorrie, Lindsey and I drove to Hastings for a nighttime star show and dinner. What fun!

On May 8th, Jean and I had "Drunken Pedicure Day." That was the last time I had a friend over to my house. Chambord margaritas on the deck - yes please!

My Mother's Day gift to Mom was a Maya Angelou lecture on the 12th, at the first college I attended. (I start at the 7th one in January.)

I hunted for new apartments on the 22nd, 29th, 30th, June 6th, and 8th.

Superchick Adventure Day!! May 31st in Duluth.

On June 2nd, I celebrated (celebrated??) 5 years with my company. Jillian's dance recital distracted me, thank goodness, as did seeing my goddaughter the next day.

Shelly came home to MN on the 5th. (and in Sept, and in Dec)

Jean and I ate chicken and waffles - yeah! - before getting front-row, private question and answer time with Maroon 5 (Maroon 3?) at the Fine Line Music Cafe on June 7th.

I moved into my apartment on the 12th. Closed on the sale of my house two days later :(

I even marked down the release of the 5th Harry Potter movie on Friday the 13th of July. (Hello, that's exciting stuff, if you weren't aware...)

After about 4 months of e-correspondence, I met Andrea in person for the first time on July 24th - an anniversary to celebrate, for sure!

With Lorrie on the 28th, I strolled the esplanade along my favorite river and shopped to my heart's content in Stillwater. I met Zach on the 30th - another anniversary to celebrate! - while listening to Andre Fischer outline his musical/songwriting process.

I've never felt so sick at work as I did on August 1st, our jaws on the floor as dispatch informed us that the 35W bridge was lying in the Mississippi.

Spent the 10th-13th in San Diego - woo hoo!

Skipping an entire month brings us to Sept 10th, when I hiked for hours with Holly in Wild River State Park. What a great time I had chatting with you! The 11th: Sara Bareilles and Jon "Drippin'-on-the Keys" McLaughlin at The Varsity. Shelly came home again on the 13th, and we went to cousin Kirsten's wedding at the family farm.

Dreaming of Italia, I left for Rome all by my lonesome from September 23rd through October 4th. I believe it took me 5 blogs to convey that lush and thrilling experience!

I trolled Banning State Park on the 11th, and William O'Brien on the 14th before rescuing a friend from her abusive husband later the same day. The 13th was spent at the Target Center with AJ & Jean & ...maybe Jean's bro? Sugarland and Little Big Town rock!

The 19th: Mom & Dad got on a plane for the first time in 25/31 years respectively, to visit Shelly in San Diego themselves. Me? I spent the weekend in my hometown, chillin' with my dog and old friends.

I met Amy, my new-and-most-wonderful massage therapist on the 25th, met my new chiropractor the same day, and whooped it up with co-workers at a bonfire and haunted hayride that night. (Note to readers: deep tissue massage and chiro adjustments are not a good prelude for scary, jarring, freezing hayrides.)

November 4th was a day of firsts: my first visit to the church I've attended ever since, followed by Afton State Park: my favorite river-side hike so far.

FINALLY got to see Tori Amos in concert at Northrup on the 7th. I'd waited over 8 years!

I sat in a real recording studio for the first time on the 17th, watching AJ record background vocals, and LOVED it despite the dizzying array of buttons and levers. I enjoyed Joseph with my family at Chanhassen the day before.

Saw the Blenders TWICE on December 9th! On the 15th, I almost lost my eye to a renegade dart at the annual company Christmas AFTER-party. (Thanks to Sheri's husband for pulling me out of the way at the LAST possible second.)

Brought my sis home again on the 20th, rang in the New Year a few days early at Karen's on the 28th, and drank wine with Lorrie as the globe fell in NYC on the 31st.

Was all that really only 8 months of my life? And has a brand new year almost passed since? Where has life gone? I didn't want to throw those pages away, didn't want to lose sight of joyful moments and positive changes. My life has been good since it turned upside down; guess I wouldn't want to trade it, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.