Saturday, February 25, 2012

A new space

I've never been much for decorating, especially in the vein of flowers and lace.  I like all the shades of blue (my favorite color) and then warm, earthy colors.  Colors that impart welcome and comfort - "cozy," as my friend Jean calls my home space.  Black bears and red leaves, that's my living room.  Herbs, fruit, and coffee, that's my kitchen.  My bathroom is ferns and leaves. 

I like nature.  Can you tell?

My bedroom is the only place that isn't warm in tone. It's mostly pale blues with a bit of pale greens, yellows, and purples - simple plaid comforter with a homemade yellow afghan.  Blue represents heaven, cleansing, water, and I like my resting place to impart calm when I lie down.  It has bored me over the last few years though, and unfortunately I've been at a loss as to how I might like to repattern or recolor it.  Until I saw that picture above in my yoga magazine. 

I have my inspiration, and when I wasn't even searching!  A calming, life-giving color, like sky and water.  A flower that isn't red or pink, but a color that enchants me even while I can't describe it.  It's nature.  It's simple.  It's beautiful.  It's now torn from the magazine and saved to take with me to search out pieces that create this theme. 

I'm actually excited to revamp my personal space :-D

1 comment:

  1. I see why you want these colors for your bedroom...gorgeous, soft, peaceful

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.