Wednesday, October 4, 2006

All at once

Since 11:30am yesterday morning...

The chances are very small, but the radiologist couldn't rule out a malignancy.

My incision is healing, but the numbness in my hand may be permanent.

I got sick and then cried myself to sleep.

I woke up and found out that I DO qualify for short-term disability. Praise the Lord, I won't lose my home.

This morning I read an article that inspired me and made me laugh - "Thank you, God, I know I'm a fool."

I just opened a beautiful card from a member of my congregation, a touching thank you for singing on Sunday.

Followed immediately by a huge envelope of papers stating I am now a legally divorced woman.

















(Can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to feel?)

4 comments:

  1. Amanda- Just wanted to say that I am here for you anytime! I know we aren't best friends but I hope you know that you are a friend. I am sitting here remembering how I felt when I had the tumor on my thyroid and the cells from the biopsy came back as the same cells that could be cancer and they could not. I remember feeling sooo scared and alone. Even with a boyfriend and a best friend and family. It's a scary feeling. I hope everything is fine and that the lump is nothing. I'll be thinking about ya! - Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have much, but I do have coffee, time and love. If there's anything else you think of, I will be there. - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will be in my thoughts :) and here is a hug for ya via myspace!!!! - April

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.