My favorite thing in the world is to have my hair played with. Especially by a confident, precocious five-year-old, dramatically fluffing and snapping 20-30 multi-colored barrettes into my hair while quite seriously explaining, "I have to mess up your hair, but it's okay because I'm good and I know what I'm doing."
The pure and uninhibited love of a child touches my heart in an indescribable way. So often there is only an empty ache in my life where I'd like my own children to be, but this card on their fridge gives perfect voice to my feelings, toward those already here and those yet to come.
Pledge to my Children
I promise to look forward to our life together.
I promise to stay and watch you blossom.
I promise to cherish the sacred place you came from.
I promise to walk beside you on your miraculous path.
I promise to share what I know with love.
I promise to protect you as a parent and a friend.
I promise to value your hopes and dreams.
I promise to bring you great vistas.
I promise to hold you close to my heart.
I promise to celebrate the blessings of this day.
When she's finished, she stands back and clasps her hands saying, "There! Don't you feel beautiful?"
The pure and uninhibited love of a child touches my heart in an indescribable way. So often there is only an empty ache in my life where I'd like my own children to be, but this card on their fridge gives perfect voice to my feelings, toward those already here and those yet to come.
Pledge to my Children
I promise to look forward to our life together.
I promise to stay and watch you blossom.
I promise to cherish the sacred place you came from.
I promise to walk beside you on your miraculous path.
I promise to share what I know with love.
I promise to protect you as a parent and a friend.
I promise to value your hopes and dreams.
I promise to bring you great vistas.
I promise to hold you close to my heart.
I promise to celebrate the blessings of this day.
When she's finished, she stands back and clasps her hands saying, "There! Don't you feel beautiful?"

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.