Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hi my name is...Manda!

1. Hi my name is...Manda!
2. Never in my life have I...cheated.
3. The one person who can drive me nuts is...most members of my family.
4. High school...sucked.
5. When I'm nervous...I act stupid.
6. The last time I cried was...last night.
7. If I were to get married right now my wedding party would be...what I really wanted the first time around: outdoors and very simple, with about 30 treasured people. It would be a private day for us, not about a wedding, but rather a marriage.
8. My hair is...newly colored and one of the few things I like about my appearance - most days.
9. When I was 5...I was far more comfortable being me.
10. Last Christmas...was very enjoyable. I even learned some new French words with Monsieur Henri!
11. I should be...exactly who I am today.
12. When I look down I see...past disappointments and mistakes...so I keep looking up.
13. The craziest recent event was....Juicy Lucys at Matt's and three overdressed Scandinavian girls looking for a liquor store on Lake & 19th, eating at the Boy's house in Bloomington, finally finding and then drinking at Liquor Lyle's where I met fellow divorcees and music lovers. Jonny Lang tonight should be tame by comparison.
14. If I were a character on 'Friends' I'd be...whomever is the complicated one.
15. By this time next year...I'll be wherever God would have me be.
16. My current gripe is...not wanting to live in Braham.
17. I have a hard time understanding...math.
18. There's this girl I know who...I'm starting to like again.
19. You know I like you when...I try to be around you, talk to you, smile at you, or simply tell you.
20. If I won an award, the first person I would tell would be...whomever helped me get there or would share my joy.
21. Take my advice...don't believe it when people say you "can't" heal, be, or do whatever your heart tells you.
22. My most wanted item is...a guitar and my 4-year degree.
23. If you visited the place I was born...you wouldn't see a hospital anymore.
24. I plan to visit...Europe and Boston.
25. If you spend the night at my house...you'd get woken by a cold-nosed, grumbling 60# furball.
26. I'd stop my wedding if...my heart wasn't in it.
27. The world could do without...bigger houses, cars, egos. More convenience, music that doesn't speak to people, or reality shows.
29. Most recent thing I've bought myself...a sweater off the clearance rack ($9!) at Target to wear to the concert tonight!
30. Most recent thing someone else bought me...was dinner and conversation - thanks Nate!
31. My favorite blonde is...Emma dog.
32. My favorite brunette is...my godkids.
33. My favorite redhead is...Tori Amos and her music.
34. My middle name is...Renee.
35. This morning I...turned on my TV for the THIRD DAY IN A ROW! Can you believe it? Just in case The Blenders came on.
36. The animals I would like to see flying besides birds are...something huge and ungraceful, like elephants or hippos.
37. Once, at a bar...well, it was a restaurant and it was my 23rd birthday. I had to catch a fellow birthday-celebrating patron with the pinchers of a blown-up lobster around my waist. Oh yeah - while I was wearing a leather mini-skirt and heels.
38. Last night I was...organizing recipes and doing laundry.
39. There's this guy I know who...I really enjoy talking to.
40. I don't know...how to trust that.
41. A better name for me would be...Brynne. It would have been so much more original than Amanda, Mom!
42. Tomorrow I am...going to Kris' house for a PAR-TAY!
43. My birthday is...April 13th, 1978.
44. What I really want for Valentine's Day is...a heart at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.