I just read an article in the weekly middle-of-nowhere newspaper about our garbage and what happens to it. Did you know that there are scientists that excavate landfills for a living (ewww) and that hot dogs remain nearly edible for 30 years? Do you not just want to puke? And people ask me why I try to be so careful about what I eat?
Let's do the math. I smoked for 13 years. I've read that it takes 2 years to regain your lung capacity, free radical damage, etc, for every year you smoked. This means it will take me 26 years to be back to the health state of a non-smoker. So apparently, if I ate just one hot dog's worth of nitrate preservatives, I could fix all that damage in a day? If you thought about all the hot dogs I ate growing up, I guess I'm never gonna die.
*Sigh* This is the kind of nonsense I think about when I have nothing to do on a day at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.