Sometimes I am convinced that I've learned a lesson about life about as well as I could. And then, I am reminded that some lessons need repeating throughout a lifetime.
_________________________________________________
I will gain more understanding when I realize...as long as I have an emotional attachment to a goal, I am attached to the fear of not achieving the goal.
How do you relieve or release the pain associated with a relationship or experience that goes sour? Try saying, "It just didn't work." You can make yourself crazy trying to figure out why, or you can simply accept that it didn't. How can you overcome the pain of disappointment? How about acknowledging that perhaps you were not as clear as you needed to be, or perhaps you were expecting more than you knew you could get. Once you can muster up enough courage to acknowledge your part in what happened, try saying, "It just didn't work."
...How do you move out of the past and beyond the fear that what happened before could happen again?...How can you create a better, more fulfilling future when the past has been so dismal? Well, if you want to do better today than you did yesterday, you simply must believe you deserve it.
Until today, you may have believed you had to run away from the past. Just for today accept your past by using what you have learned to create a vivid picture of what you want and deserve.
~Iyanla VanZant, Until Today!, July 6
Hello! I'm so glad to see you've started a new blog! I'll be checking on you then. Love, cousin Yvette
ReplyDelete