There was an elderly couple walking outside my window a few moments ago. They give me pause and an occasional tear every time I notice them. They are the same height. The walk at the exact same pace, their legs moving in tandem. Age has brought to them the ability to be patient with the slowness of their limbs, and as they walk this 1/4 mile trail around the pond behind our building, sometimes twice, they hold hands, sometime speaking quietly, sometimes not at all. This lasts about an hour, several days a week.
If I could have this, I think I would be content in a relationship for the remainder of my life. Someone to patiently listen to my thoughts, grant me the privilege of listening to his, and hold my hand as we walk through the mess together.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.