I don't often get to read about someone who has shared my journey in losing and keeping off a large amount of weight. This post gave me a bit of a new perspective on what may be a big part of the reason I haven't dated since my divorce. Because the time of my divorce coincides with the lowest weight I've ever reached. And hence, it coincides with skin that looks like and makes me feel just like this:
I am a work in progress
I have uncovered a measure of pride and respect when I think of how far my body has come. Thanks to yoga, I can move in ways I thought I never would again, and have cultivated an amazing ability to really converse with my body. I can even run more than a 1/4 mile now - something I have never even considered trying before. She is strong. She still has weaknesses, but she is healed, not broken. She keeps going when my spirit thinks she can't. She deserves to be known for more than the 10# of extra skin she carries.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.