Friday, November 5, 2010

A happy disaster

My apartment is a disaster today.  Unwrapped gifts, egg cartons for recycling, and patches to be sewn onto a uniform are lying on the bench by the door.

Piles of surveys to be scored and analyzed are scattered across my yoga mat.  The ironing board is set up in the middle of the room, amidst the two piles of laundry waiting to be done.

Then there's the kitchen: sticky dishes on every surface.  On the floor there are two half-sheet pans and two Crock-Pots, one of which is filled with food stuffs for tomorrow.  On the table: another Crock-Pot, a stockpot, a roaster pan (the other is in the car - with the two boxes of luau decorations).  Piled under the counter are more boxes of staples - rice, broth, soy sauce. 

The queen of organization is freaking out, right?  It's no secret I'm particular about having my home in order.

Yep, it's a disaster - a happy disaster!  It doesn't look perfect, sterile, or lonely.  Today it looks marvelously disheveled and lived in.  I love it :-)

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I have tried twice now to write a comment and got phone calls...so I am going to just be brief. Yea for a life filled with overflowing and messy stuff! This is proof that you have a life and you are loving it! Love you chicka!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.