Friday, February 10, 2012

Mr. Monkey

My complex got a new resident manager this past fall, and although I adored our former manager Ray, you can tell that a woman has taken over the place.  My favorite addition is a little cozy nook on my very own second floor.  Where the hallway opens up just before I reach the laundry room, there are now two stuffed chairs, a potted plant, and a coffee table with various reading materials. 

It's not only the furniture, however, that livens up the place - it's the huge stuffed monkey that has taken up residence.  One day I saw him sitting in a chair reading a paperback.  Once, he was hiding behind the chair with his chin propped up over the edge.  He decided to live on top of the pop machine for a few days.  Two days ago, he came down for some leisure time:


I don't know how or by who it gets decided where he will spend his day, but gosh is it great to laugh when I'm on my way down to do laundry or take out the trash.  The stairs to the garage are just to the left of this picture, so Mr. Monkey makes me laugh every time I leave for work or school too.  It's the simple things that brighten a day and make this feel like home.

2 comments:

  1. hilarious. it's the little things sometimes, yes?

    Also - YES - got your mug and shirt. we can arrange a time for you to get them sometime soon, and an excuse to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed him the last time I was there and I also thought the little nook was very inviting! I meant to ask you about it! I love that Mr. Monkey hangs around enjoying the place!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.