Sunday, March 25, 2007

There's always a why

Why?

Why would my car, which has had issues for about 4 months but has still been running fairly well, decide not to work on Saturday? A day that I'd taken off work specifically so I could go to a pharmacy seminar at the U and attend my godbabies' baptism? Why would it break down when I had plans to go to the Cities today and pick up an entertainment center for my new place? Why, when I brought it in, could they find nothing wrong with it?

I think it was so I'd be in my hometown, sitting in the coffee shop across the street from the service center, listening to the local music teacher discuss The Future with a soon-to-graduate student. She was deeply uncertain of which path to follow, if any. She couldn't even enunciate an idea of where she wanted to go in life. And even if she knew, where would she start? How could she justify any nature of financial or personal investment on a cloudy and undefinable end result? (Sound like any blogger we know?)

"It sounds like you don't think you have the right to make a mistake, or to even try...you are afraid of wasting money and wasting time...afraid of taking a chance. You don't know where life will take you. Guess what? NO ONE DOES. You are very intelligent...you owe yourself the experience. You make a choice. If that doesn't work, you make different one. Try...that's what life is for."

I smiled to myself and shook my head, having heard my very own questions given voice and given answers. I grabbed my datebook and wrote the following: "God wanted me here today."

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I love that you are always listening and tkaing everything in. It's good to now I'm not crazy all by myself! I love you Bug PMOF! I accidentally typed "lobe" instead of love, so I guess I "lobe" you too! Maybe I typed it because it was partly a blog listening to someone...I Lobe You Bug! - Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great story within the story. This is life within God's will. Seemingly chaotic the ways things just don't go our way sometimes, but synchronistic to the point where life just can't get any better. You're letting God place you and move you around with such appreciation! - Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to see the reasons!! I like this a lot !! - Phoenix

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.