The morning went really well, despite not being able to sleep last night at all. Couldn't breathe and my body thought it would be great to start in with hot flashes about 3am.
It only took 18 minutes from curb to gate at Humphrey, and Southwest Airlines really has their stuff together. Nice check-in agents, nice attendants, nice row mate, and we even got to keep our middle seat empty. It made up for the fact that my head feels like it's about to explode.
But I was not prepared for what I'm feeling, sitting here now at Denver International Airport. Been trying to figure it out for about 25 minutes.
I felt my tears coming on the plane. I was surrounded by couples and smiling kids, poking their heads up over the back of the seats to say hi. My ears were killing me too, and I was tired. Those tears were easy to explain.
But the tears are still right there. I've just had the thought that this is the first time I've traveled to a place where I wasn't meeting somebody. It's not the first time I've traveled alone, and it's certainly not a foreign country or anything, but I'm not meeting anyone here. I'm not spending these days with someone who knows or loves me, or who is excited that I'm coming. It feels very different. Scary.
Taking deep breaths. Reminding myself that this will be an EXPERIENCE. Enjoying Panda Express in honor of Zach - the honey walnut shrimp is amazing and I'm glad, because it's the last meat I'll eat until Monday. (Trying to laugh at that.)
Gonna go find my shuttle into the Rockies now...
I'm so excited for you, Amanda! What an experience it will be! I bet you'll leave with many new people to love and loving you. Enjoy! :D
ReplyDelete